Crank (Crank #1)


 

Hello all! I finally finished reading this book, I used to read this series when I was in middle school (a bit ago now) and Ellen Hopkins' creativity was always refreshing to me



Crank is a unique book by Ellen Hopkins that is all about addiction and substance abuse. The charm of this book comes from its creative manner of portraying information. Not just literally as the book is written as poem-like with stances on every page but also figuratively because it has a very interesting way of keeping its timeline. 

It is similar to a diary and that is something I've always enjoyed in YA. The story begins with a 17-year junior named Kristina. A typical good girl with straight A's and always obeys authority, she breaks the reins from society and rebels to form an alter ego named Bree. Bree is a girl who is the complete opposite of Kristina and she is triggered when trying meth for the first time. 

Of course, this book is probably more intended for older teenagers as the story contains the obvious substance abuse and even more sinister topics like rape. 

However, Ellen Hopkins has a certain charm that captures the reader's attention easily. This book has always been one of my favorites to read for its entertaining story. This is the first in a series and the cliffhanger at its end leaves the reader intrigued for the next book


I give this book: 


And I wish I could give it more!!




Comments

Popular Posts