Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Vol. #1-2

 

  

Hi all! 

As you noticed by now, I am reading the entire "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series by Jeff Kinney. Well, I recently discovered that he is starting a series for Rowley Jefferson as well! He has only written two books so far but I found them and I have read them now!

I was not sure exactly what to expect because I am so used to the Greg journals. However, I must say this series really does a good job in providing extra information and extra adventures to the main series. It kind of serves as companion books in that sense than an actual new series. And I enjoyed that! 

Naturally, the journals (diaries haha) are written/drawn taking into account Rowley's less than excellent artistic skills. It is hilarious to see the comparisons of Rowley's abilities in comparison to Greg's actual drawing talent. 

In the books, Greg makes very frequent appearances and there are a lot of hilarious moments and fights between the two best friends in relation to the content. Jeff Kinney does an excellent job as usual to entertain his readers and come up with ridiculously amazing adventures!

Truth be told though, this new "series" does loses its charm when it is in the viewpoint of Rowley. I guess it does not feel the same and the hilarious moments aren't that comparable to Greg's. 



Comments

Popular Posts