Into the Pit: Five Nights at Freddy's Frazbear Frights Vol. #1

 



FNAF time! Holy crap! I had NO idea these mini-books existed in the FNAF universe and I am SO glad I discovered them because WOW! 

I am a big fan of horror/suspense books (as you've noticed in the blog) and I love a good mystery. These books are somewhere in the FNAF universe as a sort of side-along stories. And while the books are very short (no more than 150 pages or so), they are written similar to mini-episodes kind of like the "Goosebumps" series. 

If I were to imagine these books coming to life, it'll be like the old "It" TV series. In this specific volume, there are 3 stories and all of them deal with a different animatronic. 

The first story is about SpringTrap (Spring Bonnie), the second about Circus Baby and the third about Funtime Freddy! 

These mini-stores definitely cause some frights, however in my case, I could not sleep because I wanted to keep reading the books! So, I got the next two volumes to continue :)

These stories do not seem to be directly related to the game lore or the book lore. In fact, at times it felt like it was some kind of parallel universe to FNAF. I say this because the first story is set in 1985 (you know the importance of that year) but the outcome is different. 

The second story really portrays Circus Baby deception in regards to Michael Afton and being scooped. And the third story is definitely the darkest one (even though the second story is the goriest). 

Overall, these volumes are excellent to pass the time if you are in a hurry. They really are reminiscent of the "Goosebumps" books and I hope they continue on because it is a delight to read them. 



Comments

Popular Posts