Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (HP #6)

 



1. This is my favorite book excluding Deathly Hallows (which is probably the obvious choice for most as it is the finale) 

2. I love the horcrux story, I am fascinated by that period of time for Voldemort. For starters, how exactly do you create a horcrux? We don't know what spell he used or if he had to do anything to the victims he killed or maybe he had to hurt himself in order to finish the ritual. It is fascinating to me, plus I love Slughorn's memory of Riddle, Riddle was fascinating as a kid/young guy. He was so manipulative and evil with no sense of consequence yet he was charming when he wanted to be. 

3. I would love to have learned more about Tom Riddle's family history, I don't think the short summary of it was enough. That Gaunt family is interesting. 

4. I find Slughorn to be an interesting character, he is a Slytherin but he does not seem to hold any malice or evil in him. 

5. I am still not over Dumbledore's death. 

6. Malfoy trying to kill Dumbledore was heart wrenching, he is a conflicted guy but definitely not evil

7. Snape is my favorite character, it's like he has a limit on the evil he'll commit for good reasons. 

Comments

Popular Posts