Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)

 



Oh, J.K. Rowling. Such an amazing writer! Harry Potter is probably the most popular series out there (still!) and I really don't want to elongate my reviews on such a popular and "old/classic" series so I'll keep it short on these and some other series! 

First of all, I'd like to say that I have been sorted in Gryffindor and I'd be a hatstill Gryffinclaw. Also, my patronus is a horse and my wand is unyielding with an ash base and unicorn hair. 

I still wish Hogwarts could be real, I love EVERYTHING about it. I love how Harry is sassy, Ron is loyal and Hermione is so good at adapting. I love the ending of this book so much, the challenges McGonagall, Quirrell, Flitwick, Snape and Dumbledore created in order to protect the Philosopher's Stone are so fascinating. I even solved Snape's puzzle myself (the little blue flask marked #3 is the right bottle in order to advance to the mirror of Erised)! 

I love that we see Harry portraying his Gryffindor qualities so early in the book and it makes me wonder whether his rule breaking is a Gryffindor or a Slytherin quality (due to Voldemort's soul in him). 

What can I say? Philosopher's Stone is just the beginning of a wild ride and while it isn't my personal favorite book (check out the other HP reviews to learn!), it is so nostalgic to reread it!



Comments

Popular Posts