New Moon (Twilight #2)

 


Hello!

The second installment of the "Twilight" series is upon us! Now, New Moon is not my favorite book at all. I actually had such a hard time reading it and rereading it because I just hate all the moping and sobbing. I get it, of course, but it was so much that I hated reading it. 

First of all, this book is depressing as heck. Edward in Midnight Sun (Twilight #5) clearly struggles with the idea of leaving Bella when she starts wanting a forever future. However, he gives us a glimpse of the future by telling Alice that he IS strong enough to leave if needed as long as he keeps Bella safe and alive. Rosalie and Alice do not believe him but lo and behold, Edward leaves Bella when her birthday party goes crazy and she is put in danger by Jasper. 

Bella has a serious depressive period in which she hallucinates (or something, never really explained) Edward. Especially while doing dangerous stuff like riding motorcycles with super hot Jacob Black (and thanks to midnight sun, we know that Edward actually really liked Jacob in the beginning.....until he tried to steal his girl). 

In this book, we are severely introduced to the Volturi formally and I just love it so much, it almost makes up for Bella's stupid decisions. Finally, Edward comes back to her when she saves his life and he promises to never leave her again. 

Overall, not my favorite book and it was boring at times for me. I definitely had to force myself to continue it but in the end it got much better. 




Comments

Popular Posts