Twilight (Twilight #1)

 



On the contrary to *most* people, I love the twilight series so there is no shame on this one at all. Twilight is one of those hit or miss books, either  you'll love it or you'll hate it. Kind of like the "50 shades of grey" series (review coming up). 

I read Twilight when it first came out and fell in love with the nostalgic theme of the series. I, for one, would love a boyfriend as dedicated and determined as Edward Cullen (Team Edward). Stephenie Meyer does an excellent job in capturing the reader's attention and her literary world reminds me so much of the in depth creativity from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter saga. Maybe that is another reason why I love this series so much, the imagination and thought put into the Cullen's world is amazing to me. 

Overall, the first book does an excellent job in capturing the reader and forcing a series out of the story (although I see how it could also have been left as a one time novel with a few modifications). 

And while I must agree that sometimes Bella seemed so....bland, the book more than makes up for it with the Cullen family. Especially with Alice and Carlisle, who are both such interesting characters (I'd love a book solely about these characters' stories in depth). 

And while twilight is not my favorite book out of the series, it is the background that catapults the story into another dimension!



Comments

Popular Posts